I am an artist from Hull in the United Kingdom with a background in nursing, health research, youthwork and community, adult and higher education teaching in visual arts, illustration and health-based subjects. In 2021 I decided to focus on my own artwork and I would like to use my experience, knowledge and interest in art and wellbeing to support others.
In 2021 I decided to focus on my own artwork and I would like to share my experience, knowledge and interest in art and wellbeing.Gillian Hebblewhite
As part of this new website I will be sharing with you:
- My artwork and journey as an artist
- The links between visual arts and wellbeing / quality of life and how you can improve your own wellbeing by engaging with the visual arts.
- Visual art-based exercises, techniques and top tips to help you develop as an artist, from beginners to intermediate and advanced stages.
- My inspirations: artists, art movements, natural history and vintage objects and collections, typography, design, illustration, places and objects of aesthetic interest or with a story, etc…
- Ph.D. in Health Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Research Training
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Best Interests Assessor module (MSc Social Work Advanced Professional Practice)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Learning Disabilities)
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
Hebblewhite, G., Hutchinson, N., Galvin, K. (2020) Adults with Intellectual Disabilities’ Lived Experiences of Wellbeing and the Internet: A Descriptive Phenomenological Study. Disability & Society, DOI: 10.1080/09687599.2020.1829554
Stevens, E., Hebblewhite, G. (2014) Empowering Adults under the Mental Capacity Act. Learning Disability Practice 17(8):16-20 DOI: 10.7748/ldp.17.8.16.e1571
Hebblewhite, G. (2012) Grief in the Transition from Oral to Enteral Feeding Among Children. Learning Disability Practice, 15(10):12-16 DOI: 10.7748/ldp2012.12.15.10.12.c9457